Audemars Piguet – new Hôtel des Horlogers opens its doors in the Vallée de Joux
Inspired by the Vallée de Joux, the new Hôtel des Horlogers opens its doors in the village of Le Brassus, where its predecessor, the Hôtel de France, settled in 1857. This hotel has been designed by BIG – Bjarke Ingels Group and realised by the Swiss architecture office CCHE, two partners who also signed the Musée Atelier Audemars Piguet situated a few steps away.
The building’s avant-garde architecture follows the Vallée de Joux’s topography thanks to zigzagging slabs gradually descending towards the meadows. Certified Minergie-ECO®, the superior 4-star Boutique hotel has implemented a holistic sustainable approach from the building development to its day-to-day operations to reduce its environmental impact. Furthermore, the hotel’s interior design has been imagined by AUM as a tribute to the surrounding landscape, while the restaurants entrusted to Michelin-starred Chef Emmanuel Renaut rely on seasonal and locally sourced ingredients. Intended as a meeting point for local and international watchmaking, architecture and nature lovers, this welcoming venue encourages the development of tourism in the Vallée de Joux and promotes local expertise and heritage.